Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Update

Hi all...Madi's surgery is tomorrow around 11 am. It has been a VERY long week. Genetics on Monday went about three hours. I cannot put into words the pain of having your daughter stand stark in a room of three doctors who start at the top of her head and proceed to her pinky toes listing everything different or 'wrong" with your child.
Painful beyond words...especially watching her face as she listened intently and took in every word they said. My heart is still breaking.
They are 99 percent certain that my instincts re: Conradi Humerman were correct, so we will go from there.
Dr. Deeney thinks her skin is still too tender to do the full rib insert we had hoped for. Instead, he will do a rib to rib/two if possible, on the right and an expansion on the left. This is still much more detailed and involved than any of her surgeries in recent history.
We have been knitting, scrapbooking and tonight visited her favorite Pittsburgh restaurant for a Valentine's Dinner...all in between massive appointments and tests.
As usual, Madi is still finding a way to smile and keep the rest of us going. She is certainly nervous and prone to tears, but overall is as amazingly upbeat as always.
I am one lucky Mama!
-Rhonda

5 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger Linda Nuffer said...

Hi Rhonda and Madi,
I wanted to write and say Happy Valentines Day! but most of all that I will be thinking of both of you tomorrow. Madi, you are amazing, I can't imagine being as brave as you are at your age. I'm praying really hard for a speedy recovery from your surgery and a quick return home. Rhonda I will be thinking of you and praying for everything to go as the doctors plan and for Madi to heal quickly and as painless as possible. I'm sending a big hug filled with lots of love from myself and family here in Croghan.
Love,
Linda Nuffer

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY MY LOVES!!! I hope your Valentine's dinner was FABULOUS! I went out to dinner with my friend Kristi and we had the best chocolate cake in the WORLD! :) YUM YUM! Anyway... my college had a snow day today for the first time in 14 years!!! It was great because I was supposed to have a HUGE test today! (I still have to take it on Friday) But I went out to shovel out my car and jumped in some snow banks! Well, I should go off to bed... Good luck tomorrow Madi... You are the strongest girl I know! I love you!! Rhonda, I love you TOO! Stay strong... I will be thinking of you BOTH!! LOVE YOU... COURTNEY

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Jocelyn said...

Hi Rhonda & Madi,

Chelsea and I are praying for you and we hope you had a great Valentines day dinner ... we got snowed in!

Love Ya

Jocelyn & Chelsea

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger JOBEY said...

MADI YOU ARE A BRAVE LITTLE SOLDIER...
HANG IN THERE...
AND KNOW THAT WE ARE THINKING OF YOU OFTEN...

ZOE LAMBERT AND FAMILY...

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Emma Schneider said...

Hi Madi & Rhonda:
Emma and I have been thinking about you and hoping your surgery goes well. It is really snowy here this week. We miss you!

Love,
Emma & Tina Schneider

 

Post a Comment

<< Home